With Proximi.io platform, you can develop mobile applications with extensive indoor positioning and navigation capabilities in a fraction of a time. Proximi.io devkit gives you access to all the portal’s functionality and allows you to easily explore the possibilities of integrating location-based functionality into your own app.
The unified positioning SDK provides you the following capabilities:
The kit includes everything to test out positioning in approximately 1 000 sqm (10 763,9 sqft) area.
- 20 Kontakt.io Smart Beacons
- Installation plan for your venue and remote training for the installation
- A vector format floorplan of your venue, converted from PDF or PNG floorplans
- Access to Proximi.io SDKs for Android, iOS, React Native and Web (Angular)
- 3 months’ test license to Proximi.io web portal and APIS
- Proximi.io onboarding team’s hands-on support with your project
- Included functionality: indoor positioning, indoor navigation, geofencing, analytics
How does it work?
- Purchase the devkit through the link below.
- We will immediately process your order and ship the devkit to you. Expect them to arrive to your address within 2 week’s time.
- Send your venue’s address and floorplan in PDF or PNG format to email@example.com. We will prepare your installation plan and vector floorplans within one week of you placing the order.
- Your 3 months of free trial on the Proximi.io portal activates, when the beacons arrive. However, you can start exploring the portal and documentation straight away.
- Install the beacons with double-sided tape in your test area, following the installation plan.
- With the help of tutorials, sample applications and Proximi.io Management Apps (Android & iOS), we enable you to create your own demos and add positioning functionality into your own app.
Who is the devkit for?
The devkit is the perfect way to get familiar with the Proximi.io platform if you are:
- Interested in becoming a Proximi.io partner
- Building a small internal POC
- Want to showcase the Proximi.io capabilities to a customer
Please note that the devkit comes with sample application code for Android and iOS, but the actual application must be built by your team.
Commonly asked questions
Where do you ship?
We ship internationally across the world. Apart from a few limitations (including Iran, Libanon and North Korea), we ship everywhere.
Can I pay with a bank transfer / Paypal?
Sure. Just contact our sales team to setup an invoice for you.
What are the shipping terms?
The beacons are shipped as Carriage Paid To (CPT).
Does Proximi.io only work with the beacons that come along?
No, we work with all kinds of beacons that utilize iBeacon or Eddystone protocol. In order to make sure you get a good experience of the platform’s capabilities, we will ship you some beacons that we have tested and verified in the devkit. That will make the setting up of a test area much easier for you.
What if I have my own beacons already?
The devkit pricing only applies for projects that utilize the beacons that are pre-configured and verified by Proximi.io. If you are interested in utilizing your own custom beacons or some other 3rd party beacons, Proximi.io team needs to test and verify them first. Separate charge applies for this process.
We recommend that you start with the devkit experience, and move on to working with your own beacons or 3rd party beacons at the next stage, once you know how the Proximi.io platform works.
Is there recurring charges?
The devkit includes 3 months of license. After the license period ends, your subscription will automatically end, and there are no automatic charges made from your card. After the trial period you usually want to upgrade to a full project or enter into a Proximi.io Reseller Agreement. Discuss with our sales team to figure out what is the best match with your needs.
Do I have to pay customs on the beacons?
The beacons are shipped from EU. Depending on where you live, you may need to pay customs when the beacons are imported to your country. Your local customs/UPS will contact you and inform you about the payment method. Please note that the customs are payable by you.
What if I need more time to develop my app?
The idea of the devkit is to give you an opportunity to test out Proximi.io functionality and assess if it is a good match with your needs. When you are happy with the capability, talk with our sales team to figure out the best way to move forward. We would either upgrade you to a full license or a enter into a Proximi.io Reseller Agreement, based on your needs.
Is it possible to get more beacons / larger test area?
If you would need a larger test area, our sales team is happy to calculate you a POC proposal tailored to your needs. Just send us a message.
What if I need support during the development?
The devkit comes with documentation, online tutorials, videos and other materials to help you setup a test environment with the devkit. Additionally, the Proximi.io onboarding team is available for supporting your development team through the process.
Kontakt.io Smart Beacon SB18-3
- Size: 55mm x 56mm x 15mm
- Battery life: around 4 years with recommended settings (configured for accurate indoor positioning)
- Color: white
- Protection: IP-50
- Flame resistance: safe – V0 flammability class
- Operational temperature: -20°C / + 60°C (-4°F / +140°F)
- Humidity (non-condensing): from 0% to 95%
- Certificates: CE (EU), FCC (USA), IC Canad, RoHS