Mobile developer (Android)
Proximi.io is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us as a mobile developer (Android, iOS skills a big bonus). You may join either as a salaried employee or a freelancer, according to your preferences. You may work 100% remotely, but preference for candidates working in European timezones.
You will be collaborating with CTO, customer support, general management and quality assurance to develop Android (and iOS) SDK’s, sample applications and occasional small customer projects. You will also be developing and documenting coding standards, design guidelines and leading training efforts where required to other personnel. You will be providing directions to promote Android (&iOS) best practices to improve design, interaction and functionality for existing applications as well as for new projects.
Skills and Competencies
- Expert knowledge and passion for Java and Kotlin
- Preference for people with also knowledge in Objective C and Swift
- Experience in SDK level development
- iBeacon, Eddystone & BLE experience is a plus but not mandatory
- Basic understanding of UX and UI related topics including but not limited to platform specific best practices
- Basic understanding and experience of writing and performing automated tests (unit, integration, UI)
- Familiarity with enterprise level software development practices (agile methodology, sprints, version control systems, issue tracking tools, local build environments)
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with sales and support team
What we offer
- Opportunity to shine and take responsibility in our 10-person team
- Be a part of our success from the early days and see the difference your input is making in the company.
- Flexibility, possibility to work remotely
- Possibility to sit on the forefront of technologies and participate in exciting projects
- Working in an international atmosphere, currently customers in 15 countries
- Casual office environment with lots of free coffee and bad jokes
- Office in the heart of Helsinki, Maria01 startup hub. Maria01 services include e.g. a free gym, weekly after-work events and yoga classes.
Please apply by sending your CV or Github link over email to Annina Koskiola, email@example.com. Please write your salary request in the application. Apply as soon as possible, we will start interviewing candidates as we receive applications.